StatCounter

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

6 Sports Pet Peaves

A few random pet peaves that have irked me lately.

I touched on this in an earlier blog "Bad Sports Stereotype", but I have a few more:

1. When a football announcer says 8 men in the box. 10 years ago it was a cool (kind of like splashing Gatorade on a winning coach), but when you hear the guy behind you at games use the term, its no longer cool, its annoying.

2. Here's one that you don't see anymore. Whenever a pro football team succeeds or fails on Special Teams, the camera shot of the succeeding or failing team's Special Teams coach. They don't do that anymore, it use to be a PP. Now I kind of miss it.

3. Speaking of camera shots at games. Who is sick of the parent/family shot in the crowd at College games. During the 1999 NCAA Tournament, I must have seen Wally Szerbiak's dad 473 times. And after each shot, must have hear that he played professionally each time. Seriously, who cares?

4. Big Money teams (New York Yankees) paying unproven players (Mark Texiera) $20 Million per year. For those that are fans of small market baseball teams, the gap just got wider. MVPs like Justin Morneau are now forced to play in large markets in order to be paid Fair Market Value. See Blog "The Tampa Bay Have Nots."

5. Parents that say to their children under the age of 10 (or 20 for that matter) that they underachieved in their sporting event (saw it with my own eyes last night and thankfully didn't hear it out of my own mouth).

6. Rival school (Wisconsin) Athletic Directors (Barry Alvarez) who think they can send a letter to a Bowl (Champs Sports Bowl) and request that they can opt out of that bowl in favor of another bowl (Insight/Phoenix).

2 comments:

WIng Nuts said...

I hope you don't mean me on #5

Anonymous said...

I tend to like the camera shots of parents/family at college games. I am particularly fond of Tyler Hansborough's mom. The word MILF comes to mind. Also, who was the honey sitting next to Colt McCoy's parents during their game against the Buckeyes? If it was his girlfriend, I applaud his effort. If it was his sister, I apologize for leering.

Sando